We are seeking an experienced, strategic, and analytical individual to join us as Senior Buyer on an initial 12-month fixed-term (parental leave cover) contract. Reporting directly to the Founder/Owner, you play a pivotal role in leading the product team and driving the development of our footwear (women’s & men’s) and accessories range. As a strategic manager with a hands-on approach, you will be responsible for ensuring optimal profitability and seamlessly adapting to change.
- Responsible for the build of seasonal range plan that aligns with the brand strategy.
- Present seasonal range seasonal range to key stakeholders for sign-off.
- Work closely with the Merchandise Planner to ensure product assortment and deliveries align with optimised profitability and stock turnover plans.
- Collaborate with Merchandise Planner to continually review product performance, proactively develop strategies to maximise productivity and re-order where necessary.
- Maintain a strong interest in sustainability practices, including research of innovations relating to footwear.
- Ability to analyse and react to trade reports, making informed decisions to enhance product performance.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and awareness of competitors and external trends, identifying missed opportunities and trends to maximise revenue.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, eCommerce, and Customer Service departments for successful product launches.
- Meet with stakeholders to build and maintain supplier relationships, including buying trips.
- Source and build supplier relationships, including supplier onboarding when required.
- Conduct regular meetings with customer service & retail team to address feedback related to product.
- Continually review product performance, proactively develop strategies to maximise profit, and collaborate with the planner for post-seasonal analysis.
- Inspire and coach the product team, promoting continuous team member development.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role that reflects the considerable responsibilities involved.
- Tertiary qualification or similar.
- Previous experience in footwear is essential.
- Demonstrated experience within an omnichannel environment, preferably in the retail/fashion industry.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to maintain effective relationships with internal team members, suppliers, and other key stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial and customer awareness.
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Passionate about product and corresponding market.
- Strong product and costing knowledge.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Be a part of a company dedicated to making a positive impact and is a proud B Corp certified company.
- Competitive remuneration and employee discounts.
- Well-being program (EAP, yearly free flu vaccinations).
- Company-run activities, dinners, and events.
Managing product team
- Supply chain
Solution focussed, a collaborator, great attention to detail, an awesome communicator, a strategic thinker